If we go back to 3000 B.C. we’ll find that cotton fabric was used for clothing even at that time. With the passage of time, the popularity of cotton fabric has only increased. Today, it is more popular than ever because of its usage and ability to be made into different types and weights of fabrics such as funnel, jersey, batiste, denim, twill, corduroy etc.
Cotton is also commonly known as ‘the King of all Fibers’ due to its properties and usage. It is a soft stable fiber that is most commonly grown in tropical and subtropical regions. If we look at the most textile fiber in the world, unsurprisingly we’ll find out that cotton is mostly used in textile fiber. For all apparel and home furnishing, cotton has 56% current market share.
Read More: Organic Textile Standarts
By looking at each cotton fiber, we’ll find out that it is composed of concentric layers. The cuticle layer that is present on the fiber is actually separable from the fiber and comprises of pectin materials and wax. The fiber is mostly spun into thread or yarn in the initial phases. It is then made into breathable, soft textile which is later on mostly used as natural-fiber cloth in today’s clothing.
Read More: Bed Lines
Properties of Cotton Fiber
There are few properties that make cotton fiber distinctive from others. Let’s have a look at them:
- There is a moisture regain of 8% in cotton fiber
- The distinctive properties of durability, strength, and absorbency are provided to cotton fiber the unique arrange of cellulose
- Cotton fiber is mostly preferred because it is flexible, absorbent, comfortable, show good resistance against alkalis, and has no piling complications
- It has poor shrinkage and acid resistance, wrinkle resistance, less abrasion resistance, and also susceptible to damage by mildew and moth
- The stains on cotton fiber are difficult to remove and it needs more maintenance
- The strength of cotton fiber increases by 10% when it is wet
- Cotton fiber has a flat twisted tube shape
Properties of Products made from Cotton Fiber
Here are few properties that you can find in products that are made from cotton fiber:
- Given the fact that cotton fiber has no surface characteristics that make its use irritating to human skin, it is quite preferred due to its comfort providing properties.
- Cotton fiber is favored in hot areas because it aids in cooling and evaporation. The moisture easily passes through the cotton fiber and this makes wearing products made from cotton fiber easier
- Cotton is hydrophilic and this means that it has a natural affinity for water
- Cotton has great heat conductivity because it enables heat to dissipate and hence ensuring that you remain comfortable. This feature of cotton makes it a great fiber that helps in maintaining a comfortable sleep temperature
- Cotton is known for its abrasion resistance
- There are unfavorable attributes of cotton as well. For instance, cotton shows lack of resiliency because it tends to wrinkle. Whereas, cotton can also be quite dull
Cotton Fabric Wholesale Price
The wholesale price of cotton fabric varies from one country to another. However, cotton fabric wholesale price in Turkey is (kindly mention the right price).
Jante Textile is one of the most highly recognized cotton fabric suppliers in the country. Here, you can find highest quality cotton fabric at amazing rates. As a brand of sheer quality, it is always our utmost priority to ensure that only premium-quality products are offered to our esteemed customers. If you are looking for best cotton fabric wholesale price, you’ve come to the right place.
If you have any query regarding our products, simply contact us and our helpful customer support team will get back to you in no time at all.